Partnering & Community Investment
Iluka seeks to be a valued member within the communities in which it operates. Active participation and support is demonstrated through a range of initiatives, including in-kind and financial support for community programmes and events.
Iluka selects initiatives that meet both community needs and support company goals, such as increasing employee diversity or enhancing biodiversity. In 2015, Iluka’s partnering programme contributed more than $850,000.
Iluka maintains several corporate partnerships:
- OCHRE Contemporary Dance Company, Western Australia;
- Clontarf Foundation;
- SHINE, Western Australia;
- Virginia Tech Foundation Inc and Virginia Tech Research Division, USA; and
- University of Western Australia – Professorial Chair in Vegetation Science and Biogeography.
In 2015, approximately 80 organisations, events or groups received contributions from Iluka, including:
- The Royal Flying Doctors Service;
- St John Ambulance;
- Western District Health Service;
- Standing Tall, Hamilton;
- YMCA , Greensville County, Carolina, USA; and
- Women in Mining, Western Australia.
Iluka does not support applications for support for religious or political activities, and does not provide funds to political parties, either in Australia or overseas.